- 1 Lean
- 3 Greens,
- 2.6 Condiments
If you’re on the lookout for a quick and easy dinner recipe that is both healthy and delicious, look no further than the Lean and Green Cheesy Taco Vegetable Skillet. This one-pan meal is loaded with nutritious vegetables, lean protein, and gooey melted cheese, making it a filling and flavorful dinner that the whole family will love. Best of all, it can be prepared in just 30 minutes from start to finish, making it an ideal meal for busy weeknights when time is limited. So, let’s get ready to enjoy a healthy and scrumptious dinner tonight with this easy-to-follow recipe!
Lean and Green Cheesy Taco Vegetable Skillet
- 14 oz Jean 93% ground beef-10 oz cooked (2 Leans)
- 1 cup assorted bell peppers, chopped (2 Greens)
- 10 oz can Rotel diced tomatoes with green chilles, do not drain (2 1/2 Greens)
- 3/4 cup zucchini, chopped (1 1/2 Greens)
- 3 cups baby kole or spinach, chopped (3 Greens)
- 1 tbsp plus 1 tsp toco seasoning (8 Condiments)
- 1 cup 2% reduced fat cheddar cheese (1 Lean) Green onions to garnish
Cheesy Taco Vegetable Skillet
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add ground beef and cook until browned, breaking it up into small pieces with a spatula. Drain off any excess fat.
- Add chopped bell peppers, diced tomatoes with green chiles, chopped zucchini, and chopped kale to the skillet with the beef. Stir everything together.
- Sprinkle taco seasoning over the top of the mixture and stir again. Cook for about 5 minutes, or until the kale is fully wilted.
- Sprinkle shredded cheddar cheese over the top of the skillet. Cover the skillet with a lid or aluminum foil and let the cheese melt, or transfer the mixture to a 9-inch pie dish and bake at 350 degrees F for about 5 minutes, until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
Serve hot, dividing the skillet into 3 equal portions (about 1 1/3 cups per serving).